The bumper, as a removable part of the car body, most often suffers in various accidents, as well as in unsuccessful parking, outings and more. Due to its characteristics, it is most vulnerable to various types of damage, so the question of repairing or replacing it is one of the most relevant among car owners. In modern cars, bumpers are mostly plastic and do not carry protective function
Bumper repair depends on the nature of the damage:
- Scratch. Depending on the strength of the damage, it is possible to distinguish: surface (only the paintwork is damaged) and deep (there is a deep visible mark on the bumper surface).
- Dents. As a result of external influences, the geometry of the bumper changes.
- Cracks. In this case, there is a through damage to the bumper. The danger of this kind of damage is due to the fact that the constant vibration that occurs when driving a car gradually increases the size of the crack and destroys the bumper.
- Breaks. The most serious damage caused by breaking a bumper, in which fragments break away from it, and a hole is formed.
Depending on the nature of the damage, various technologies can be used:
- The heating method is used to remove dents. For this, specialists use an industrial heat gun . As a result of heating, the plastic of the bumper becomes plastic and the damaged bumper can be given the necessary regular shape
- Bonding is used in cases where a damaged bumper cannot be repaired by heat sealing. Epoxy resins are used for this.
The restored bumper is painted according to the same principles as other body parts. Depending on the size of the damage, either full painting of the repaired bumper or local painting of the surface area after repair is applied